Wednesday 21 March 2012

You Got To Move It!


Wonderful Wattle Hey?
I’m so excited! I heard rumours that one of the pretty young women here at the Island is something of a fitness fanatic. So, I went to consult her about the problem with Britney and she explained to me why regular exercise is so important. She went through a speech on endorphins, productivity, and serotonin and said that exercising regularly will even help us lay more eggs. Won’t that make the guys in the marketing department smile! So she helped me to work out a regular routine for us girls and we started this morning. (By the way, she also advised me to keep my wattle as it is – the natural look is apparently in vogue.)
Christina is not happy with the new regime. She complains about having to exercise to lay more eggs and feels that we are being neglected out here in the hen house while the other employees have the luxury of indoor facilities. I keep on telling her that she must just bide her time. My great grandmother from Chile always used to say: ‘Only gravediggers start at the top!’ So, I encourage Christina to do her part for the Island and soon they’ll notice our true worth.

Henrietta is giving me a different sort of worry these days. As if Britney’s idiosyncrasies aren’t enough, I’ve noticed that when we wake up in the morning, her usual place is empty. What is she up to? Reading that tattered copy of Sense and Sensibility behind the hen house? She always was a romantic old soul. Surely she can’t be pining for a Mr. Willoughby? Not Henrietta, who is always so efficient, so practical! Well, in the end it has nothing to do with me, really. I made a promise to Britney’s mother, not Henrietta’s. And with the exercise program, we’re making some progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment