Thursday 15 March 2012

Analyse This!


I’m so angry! Would you believe that a client made a sarcastic comment about our eggs? ‘Blue eggs?’ he said. ‘Wow, it must have been a really cold morning when your hens laid them!’ I’m livid! The ignorance of people! Doesn’t he (or at least his wife!) watch BBC's Masterchef? Eggs from Araucana hens are considered a royal delicatessen, a treat for the discerning taste. The curse of having to bear with humans of inferior intelligence!

Anyway, as far as Britney is concerned, I’ve got some good news. The other day I was scratching around close to the Island building and I heard a solid piece of advice. ‘If you don’t understand a phenomenon, then analyse it to its smallest part, put it back together and see if you have a clearer grip on its meaning.’ And it came to me there and then – if I don’t understand what is going on in Britney’s brain, I have to analyse it in some way. Luckily the guy handling the human resource issues here at the Island was understanding and arranged for Britney to be evaluated. Christina just bristled her feathers about the whole affair. ‘Assess Britney’s brain? Have you completely lost it now, Beata! How do you measure something that is so small it makes an egg cup looks like Lough Neagh?’ I think that at least we’re making a start to help the poor wee thing. We might just be onto something here. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment