Tuesday 10 April 2012

Time To Fly


Before you finish this blog, I will be gone. Not for good, not even for a long time. I love Northern Ireland and everything, but I need a getaway. My beak needs some beauty rest from the spotlight. It will do the other girls some good. It will give them some extra room to stretch their wings and fluff their feathers without having to worry how they compare to me.

Just a quick trip. You won’t even know I’m gone.

The way I see it, I’ve got three options for international adventure. I’m thinking I need some sun and where else to get it other than the Kalahari Desert. I’ve always been a big fan of South Africa. The never-ending red sands remind me of red carpet in a way. I would be sure not to be bothered and get some rest and relaxation while being in a beautiful place. I can smell the rejuvenation already.

Of course, I feel an embodied pull towards a trip south to my native Chile. To be connected with my fellow rumpless royal blue egg laying sisters and brothers would be truly magical. They could improve my Spanish, show me how to shake my feathers to the national Chilean dance the Cueca and we would soar high above the majestic forests and probably see both ends of the world. All the while I would charm them with my Irish accent and we will laugh through the night with my stories about Mr. Barry. An entire generation of BFFs is waiting for me. I can feel it. ¡Tengo que ir!

Doing Hollywood hen-style has always been one of my dreams. It’s a nearly a guarantee that I would run into a famous critter of some kind: Perhaps the entire cast of Chicken Run. I’m sure we could gab and gossip for hours. I have heard Babe, the oinker who starred in Babe, likes to go out on the town. And I ever met Lassie, the Queen of the Silver Screen, I might molt myself right then and there.

The risk is great however. If I fall into the wrong hands, I may end up as chicken nuggets, tenders or disfigured star shapes. Such a tragic end may be fitting to my high-drama life but I know barbeque sauce does not compliment my skin tone.

As soon as everyone at Legal-Island is home for the night, sleeping sweetly in their beds, I’ll be off into the night. I’m not sure where, but I’ll open my wings and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment